Monday morning finally rolled around. May 26th. Not too hot, but definitely on its way to getting there. I'd just arrived in Provo the day before and gone to my first EFY meeting. As I got my name-tag and headed to the correct room for orientation, I saw a few familiar faces, but mainly all new. Training week was going to be a long week of observing...learning everything we needed to know by watching the experienced counselors. Wouldn't be too hard.
Now, not to bash on EFY, but they didn't really give us any insight as to what training week would entail. I showed up packed with lots of different clothes, not knowing if we'd be with the kids or just in meetings all week. Of course I packed everything except for what was most important for Day 1: khaki pants.
Luckily, I wasn't the only one who hadn't bought them. a measly group of 9 out of about 100 got together to figure out who was to drive after being instructed to hurry and buy the pants. Guess who was in that group? Yup! Brad. Brad and Jake were the only two boys. Now the process for deciding who was going to drive was taking forever and a day so I decided to speak up and say I was leaving right now to go to Old Navy. whoever wanted to come was welcome; i had 4 open seats. Brad offered to come right away and 3 girls followed. Now I'm not going to bore you with the going and getting the pants, but we did stop at In-N-Out, Brad's idea. Yes, that will come into play later. But from that day on, Brad and I hung out whenever we had training meetings or free time, since we were assigned to shadow different groups for our training.
Fun Facts:
*Brad and I were both going to San Antonio for the 2 sessions of EFY later in the summer.
*I was currently in a relationship with a guy back in California.
Halfway through week one, Brad and I had figured out that I was in all of the sessions he was in. I did have a couple more than him, but all of his (minus one) lined up with mine. Coincidence? Mmmm...
We also got the opportunity to sign up for week two that week. both him and I had that week off but I wanted another week...so Brad signed up too (:
Week 3 I went to Denton, TX and Brad was here in Provo. Let me tell you, it was weird not having him around all the time to joke with during orientation, game night, etc. I was so used to finding him in the crowd and making faces...it was kinda sad when I no longer had that. Thank goodness that was our only week apart right?
Week 4 we had off and you know, I couldn't tell you what we did because i honestly don't remember. the weeks in between EFY were a blur, more so than the weeks at EFY. But we had fun! That Saturday we packed our bags and got to the airport...which leads us to part 2 (:
No comments:
Post a Comment