The next week, I was back in Provo, hangin' with Brad after he got off work. That Thursday was his birthday and he really wanted to go home for it. Vernal is where his family lives which is about 2.5 hours away. He invited me to go and I said I would if that's what he wanted. Wednesday after he got off work, we headed to Vernal. It was a fun weekend! We went boating where I learned how to water ski...kinda. I could get up but staying up was a struggle. I think my record was like 8 seconds. I'll have to work on that. We also went out to dinner with his cousins one night. Had all of the fam who lived in Vernal over for cake and ice cream the night of his birthday. There may have been other things that we did but i really don't remember :P still! it was nice being there (: felt very comfy.
Fun Facts:
*Brad has four sisters. I got to meet 3 out of the 4. They're pretty awesome girls (:
*Mine and Brad's first kiss was early on his birthday. like 1 a.m. We'd been talking on the couch and...well the story is different depending on who you ask, BUT. we kissed. so that was a pretty great birthday present for him yeah? (;
The next two weeks I was at EFY; one in SLC and my last in Provo. Brad came and saw me a couple times when I was in Provo and my kids got to meet him. Finishing up EFY was definitely bittersweet. I'd had an amazing summer and met lots of great people, but it was also a fulfilling finish. When I got into Brad's car Saturday morning after all my kids had left I yelled "NOW WE CAN ACTUALLY DATE!" Danny, my co who was riding in the bed of the truck, heard me and laughed. It was partially true...Him and I were headed to California in a week, and I'd be staying till the end of the month so...yeah. Before going to California though, we got to go to my aunt's wedding! he met A LOT of my dad's side: all of the aunts and uncles, grandparents, some cousins. I'd met a lot of those at his birthday so we were even now (; all in all, everyone loved him.
![]() |
| Shannon (Brad's sis) and I the day I became Brad's girlfriend |
The next week we headed to California. What a drive. but hey, if i can last 11 hours in a car with him, that's good yeah? He'd met most of my family at the wedding but he hadn't met Tiff. For those of you who know me well, you know Tiff has to approve of the boy. Thats just the way its always been. Luckily, she arrived Saturday late, so she was able to go with us to the coast on Monday. THAT was a fun trip. man oh man. Tiff, Brad, Jared, Sierra, and I all went. The boys spent a lot of time digging a hole because thats what Jared likes to do at the beach. Turned into Tiffany throwing Rolos at Brad. Therefore, he got the nickname Rolo Man. If Tiffany gives you a nickname then you're pretty much in so we were good to go (:
Sadly Brad had to head back to Utah for work so he flew out on Wednesday and I was at home for another week or so. I got back a week before school started, after being at Kaley and Derek's wedding in St. George. From that point on, Brad and I got to date date. No more traveling, no more nothin. Anywhere he went, I went and vise versa. We did a couple more trips down to Vernal, hittin' his father's sides family reunion. We went out at least once a week...though its getting harder now that school is in, but Brad really tries his best to do that for me. And, yeah! It was great!Now you all want to know how the heck he proposed.
Side note: I don't like having to give an excuse for how fast it happened. Meeting in May, getting engaged in September. That's not what I planned whenever I thought about who I was going to marry. I wanted to date the guy for a year. CLEARLY that didn't happen. How I look at it. Brad and I were with each other. almost 24/7 during EFY for the whole summer. that's a lot of time if ya think about it. if it had been a normal circumstance, say, only seeing each other once or twice a week for a couple hours, then yes, we would've dated longer because I wouldn't have known him as well. but let me tell you. You get to really know people at EFY. any of the counselors or kids can attest to that. with that, there will be no more explaining on the subject.
back to what I was saying. How he proposed. Now that's a fun story... (:

No comments:
Post a Comment