It all started with the flash flood in Arizona. It's Tuesday and Brad gets on this angry rant about how the flood just had to happen. I finally get it out of him that the ring was supposed to get shipped but it's being postponed because of the rain. On top of that, his mom is texting him, trying to get information, he's texting more people trying to get ideas on how to ask me, AND he's trying to find a new photographer because the one he was going to use to catch our engagement was going to be out of town when he wanted to do it. He was a wreck really. By the time night comes around, he just wants to get out of the apartment and breathe for a little. I agree and we decide to go to In-N-Out for dinner.
*hint hint*
Now I was in sweats. and had no intentions on changing. Why would I? I was comfortable. Brad asks if I wanna put on jeans or anything. Um...no?
*HINT*
So we go there and eat, sitting in the same spot we sat the first time we ate there because we always do that. After dinner, we get back into the truck and he pauses for a little. He then starts to talk about how today has been rough. He finally understands how I feel about the wedding stuff. It gets stressful! (yes, we were planning the necessities already so places weren't already booked and what not). I kinda laugh and feel for him. He tells me how he's been thinking a lot about EFY all day and wanted to drive around to some places we hit while working EFY if that was ok. Sure! Why not?
*once again, flag holly, FLAG*
We drive down the street past Old Navy, our khaki store. We drive past Applebees which happens to be right there next to it; we had our first date there. Then we head back down to Provo, going to New Heritage, the dorms where we stayed with our kids for EFY.
Sidenote: Brad was on his phone a lot but I wasn't thinking much of it because he'd told me how he was trying to plan all this stuff for later.
Back before we left the apartment, I'd asked if we could go to the Bell Tower because it's my favorite place on campus. I go there to think, or do homework, or whatever I feel like. So after sitting in New Heritage for a little, we head to the tower which isn't far at all. We sit and look out at campus and up at the tower. It's real pretty at night all lit up.
Now. for the LIFE of me I don't remember what we were talking about. All I remember was that we moved to another bench, looked back at the mountain and the moon peaking up over it, and then we were talking. Somehow we get to the point of me asking "What?" and him asking if I really wanna know.
"I don't know""you sure?"
"I don't know. Am I sure?"
"You tell me"
"Do I WANT to know?"
"Yes"
He then proceeds to get down on one knee and pulls a ring out of his pocket (: shoulda put on jeans dang it.
"YOU LIAR!!!" yes. those were the first words out of my mouth.
"Hey Holly?"
"yeah..."
"I love you. so much. Will you marry me?"
"YEAH!"
He slides the ring onto my finger and it fits perfectly. He stands up and gives me the biggest kiss (: I finally realize the photographer and he gets closer to get better shots. It was a moment of lots of hugging and kissing and laughing and photos being snapped.
I meet and talk to Wacey; such an awesome guy. We get some more pictures of the gorgeous ring. Then back to the truck to go home. Was the night over? heck no. calls, texts, posts...everything blew up like a nuclear bomb. but you know what?
I was happy. so freaking happy. and I still am! I get to marry my best friend. BEST friend. I can't even begin to tell you how that makes me feel. Brad is more than I deserve, let me tell ya. He will do anything and everything for me. Life will get crazy and we will get busy but you know what? By the end of the day, Brad will be home and I will NEVER have to question his love for me.
Eternity with this guy? Bring it on



No comments:
Post a Comment